Skip to main content

Chapter 2: A dip in hot springs, a taste of sweet pie and trip back in History and Childhood


Wading in a pool of hot springs will not only bring warmth to your body but will also make you feel as if you could just wade in for long hours to release the tensions in your body. A dip made me feel so relieved and it made me feel like I'm in a spa. And of course, my cellphone took a dip in as well. :D
















After a morning dip in the pool, we headed to t
he University of the Philippines in Los Banos, Laguna. We took a trip up the Makiling route to see the famed National Arts Center, built during the Marcos regime. It was a breathtaking nature trip and we saw Mother Nature in all its glory.







From the National Arts Center, we went to Lumban, Laguna, which is famous for its barongs. It was a fashion art, it may cost a lot, but its a work of art.












History was made in Laguna, when Dr. Jose Rizal, grew up from this place. His house is located in Calamba, and a museum was built in his honor . Artifacts from his era, were copied to make a reconstruction of the house where he once grew up. Dr. Rizal's life in Laguna, was a simple life playing with his sisters and helping around the house. Dr. Jose Rizal went to many places. He is a renaissance man. He was a doctor, a poet, writer, engineer, surveyor, to name a few. He was shot in Luneta on the 30th of December, 1896. He was 33 years old. Here are some photos from his house in Laguna.




















Fun was the word, as we took a roller coaster ride, anchors aweigh, and a lot of fun rides at the Enchanted Kingdom. Magic really took its clasp as we were enchanted by the many sights and sounds of fun and excitement. A trip to Enchanted Kingdom won't be complete without a ride on bumper cars, ferris wheel, merry-go-round, roller coaster, and water bump cars. Get a glimpse...



Comments

Unknown said…
Hi! I would really want to visit Dr. Jose Rizal's house. I am a great fan of his works. Great travel back in time.
Anonymous said…
Interesting to know.

Popular posts from this blog

Unsent Letter

Dear Noah, I am writing to you, not because I have to, but I need to. In my heart there are so many things I wanted to tell you but my lips are frozen, and I could only whisper those words in this letter that I am writing. I know you will never get tired of me saying this, but, I have never regretted my decision of coming back to see you after so long. I missed our long talks, the way you teach me how to speak in another language through your poems. But what I really miss, is how you say hi and ask how am I. Everyone asked me, especially the ones who were close to me, why I came back to you, instead of going with the other? I never explained. Simply because, they would never understand, that the feelings between us were special. They would always think of our past as a memory of a time spent together. But to me, it will always be special. I have always dreamed of our time together as perfect. People may say, that I have wasted my time, going back and looking back at a love once lost.

existence of a paradox within a paradox

you try to go on with your life as if it is in a normal pace. you pretend and go on with the flow even if it continues to sear your flesh and let the blood flow endlessly on the pavement of hatred. you leave a world behind that wasn't even there to begin with. fingers point to you as if you are the accused in the court of deafs. no one hears you out and you are sentenced to live your very existence into solitude. tears won't matter for they fall on barren lands. voices won't matter, for they fall on deaf ears. people tell you that you're nothing. you are not part of a world that they created. why? do they belong in yours? sometimes, correction, most of the times, what you do to release the anger pent up inside, can't save you. there's no one there to make you feel alright, when things go wrong. how you wish that the people you hate, wait, loathe, are hanging by their necks amongst the rafters of the highest building. you cry to the wind. eyes that see, are blind

Who is your Super ONE and why?

My Super ONE is my Grandma... Right now, she's residing at the Land Down Under with my other uncles and aunts. This photo, which was taken around May of last year was a photo of me and my Nanay (as we fondly call her) 24 years after she migrated to Australia. She came to visit us last year and announced upon her arrival: "Apo, let's go to South Korea! I want to see where they shoot Winter Sonata!" After that epic trip to Seoul, Nanay still calls us every now and then and writes to us. And would you believe at the age of 82 she surfs the internet? After our youngest sister taught her how, Nanay couldn't get off the net! I just wish she's here right now... I miss spending midnights with her watching her Koreanovellas and her war time stories (she survived both the 2 World Wars). The good thing is, Globe recently launched Super One ... this is a sure way for me and Nanay to still stay connected despite the distance and time difference.